verb[with object] • informal , chiefly North American
- Eat or drink quickly or greedily: they snarfed up frozen yogurtMore example sentences
- Enno couldn't help but snarf it down, only to feel awkward as he finished his before anyone had made a second bite.
- I ended up snarfing a bunch of Ritz crackers (first crackers I've had in weeks, aside from the wedding last week) to tide me over until dinner.
- The dish was tasty but so violently rich, you felt almost embarrassed eating it, like a pimply adolescent snarfing a public bag of candy.
1950s: perhaps imitative.
More definitions of snarfDefinition of snarf in:
- The US English dictionary