- A board resembling a short, broad ski, used for sliding downhill on snow.More example sentences
- I dumped the snowboard on the snow and gave the little boy a hug.
- I fell in love with the snow and with my snowboard.
- It boasts a ski rental of over 400 sets of equipment, including snowboards, carving skis, snow blades and even some cross country skis.
verb[no object] Back to top
- Slide downhill on a snowboard: (as noun snowboarding) the thrills of snowboardingMore example sentences
- I went snowboarding for the first time a couple of weeks ago.
- And there are beautiful uncluttered slopes for skiing and snowboarding nearby in the Sierra Nevadas.
- I fortunately try to go skiing or snowboarding as much as I can, to keep my muscles in tune.
- More example sentences
- Also, it rankles me to see so much media attention paid to sponsored snowboarders and skiers who are just jumping out of helicopters to do their descents.
- Novice skiers or snowboarders can handle this terrain with basic technique.
- Why do snowboarders use less energy than skiers in the powder?
More definitions of snowboardDefinition of snowboard in:
- The US English dictionary