Definition of snowcap in English:
1A covering of snow on the top of a mountain.
- Eliasson's point of focus is the ‘tongue,’ the geological term for glacial movement in which a mountain snowcap melts, runs down into, a valley and refreezes.
- ‘We started out with about 17,’ he says after a brief hallucination in which the snowcaps of the Rockies were actually huge drifts of cocaine, ‘but we lost a bunch of people on the way.’
- The best way to see it is on foot, along the five-day Druk Path between Paro and Thimpu, camping against a backdrop of towering snowcaps.
- Example sentences
- The snow-capped peaks of winter can still be present, but September heralds the start of a stunning time of open gardens and flower festivals as the state celebrates the coming of the season.
- For these green river flats, ringed by high snow-capped mountains, are the birthplace of Australia's only own, unique cattle breed, the Murray Grey.
- It is a journey to the snow-capped mountains that takes one to breathtaking heights and tests one's grit and determination.
Words that rhyme with snowcaptoecap
Definition of snowcap in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan