Definition of snowcap in English:
1A covering of snow on the top of a mountain.
- Eliasson's point of focus is the ‘tongue,’ the geological term for glacial movement in which a mountain snowcap melts, runs down into, a valley and refreezes.
- ‘We started out with about 17,’ he says after a brief hallucination in which the snowcaps of the Rockies were actually huge drifts of cocaine, ‘but we lost a bunch of people on the way.’
- The best way to see it is on foot, along the five-day Druk Path between Paro and Thimpu, camping against a backdrop of towering snowcaps.
- Example sentences
- The snow-capped peaks of winter can still be present, but September heralds the start of a stunning time of open gardens and flower festivals as the state celebrates the coming of the season.
- For these green river flats, ringed by high snow-capped mountains, are the birthplace of Australia's only own, unique cattle breed, the Murray Grey.
- It is a journey to the snow-capped mountains that takes one to breathtaking heights and tests one's grit and determination.
Words that rhyme with snowcaptoecap
Definition of snowcap in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.