- A large partridge found in the high mountains of central and eastern Asia, with predominantly grey and white plumage.
More example sentences
- Genus Tetraogallus, family Phasianidae: five species
- For example, Himalayan snowcocks, a bird that feeds on grasses, forbs, and sedges, are more vulnerable to raptorial predators in areas where they can forage most efficiently.
- Prior to hunting snowcock, a person must first obtain a free-use permit from the wildlife department.
- Its plumage is patterned with grey, brown, white and black, but this snowcock looks pale grey from any distance.