- 1A fall of snow: heavy snowfalls made travel absolutely impossibleMore example sentences
- Like rain storms and snowfalls, we have no control over anything that nature has given to us.
- However, this negative correlation may be due to an association between precipitation and damaging snowfalls or ice storms.
- Meanwhile emergency services were bracing themselves for more heavy snowfalls.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The quantity of snow falling within a given area in a given time: the average snowfall is 7.5 m a yearMore example sentences
- The area's average annual snowfall of almost 500 inches promises soft landings, too.
- Standing residue in the field helps capture valuable moisture from this year's above average snowfall.
- The average winter temperature is minus 7 degrees with an average annual snowfall of 74 inches.
More definitions of snowfallDefinition of snowfall in:
- The US English dictionary