- A permanent wide expanse of snow in mountainous or polar regions.More example sentences
- Kyrgyzstan is a mountainous country with many snowfields, glaciers, and deep lakes.
- I stood and slowly turned 360 degrees, taking a long look at river, woods, meadow, valley, sea, mountains, snowfields, and glaciers.
- They reached South Georgia after 17 days in mountainous seas, but still faced a 22-mile trek across unexplored mountains, glaciers and snowfields to get help.
More definitions of snowfieldDefinition of snowfield in:
- The US English dictionary