- A mass of lying snow that is compressed and hardened by its own weight: the snowpack is melting a decent depth of snowpackMore example sentences
- Spring came and the snowpack melted like an ice cube on hot asphalt, instead of compacting and forming the vast fields of perfect-corn snow we expected.
- The next day, the bright Arizona sunshine was back in action, melting the snowpack in the Huachuca Mountains.
- He digs snow pits to look for weak layers in the snowpack, and cuts sections of the slope with his skis to see if he can dislodge unstable pockets.
More definitions of snowpackDefinition of snowpack in:
- The US English dictionary