(North American also snowshoe rabbit)
A North American hare with large hairy hind feet, fairly small ears, and a white winter coat.
- Lepus americanus, family Leporidae
More example sentences
- The smaller carnivores found here include arctic fox, ermine, and wolverine, while smaller herbivores include the snowshoe hare, arctic hare, brown lemming and collared lemming.
- Isolated and wild, the North Fork Valley houses moose and wolves along with pine marten, snowshoe hare and mountain lion.
- This year's mascots - the snowshoe hare, the coyote, and the black bear - were selected by a group of Native American and petroglyph experts as symbolic of the American West.
Definition of snowshoe hare in:
- The US English dictionary