- A small ornamental box for holding snuff.More example sentences
- Other rooms are all full of smoking paraphernalia, like cigar labels, snuffboxes, and pipes; ‘feminine’ articles, like handbags, fans, and combs; box-sized cutout paper theaters; and it goes on and on.
- Or maybe Victorian snuffboxes with naughty watercolors inside the lid are more your speed?
- In a lengthy codicil of 1854, Carl Mayer had specified as heirlooms for Mayer Carl his ‘Ancient coins and modern medals in my iron chest’ and his collection of cameos, while his antique timepieces and snuffboxes were to be divided by lot.
More definitions of snuffboxDefinition of snuffbox in:
- The US English dictionary