- A sense of responsibility or concern for the problems and injustices of society: the prisons were run by a board of people with a strong social conscience [mass noun]: she was prompted little by social conscienceMore example sentences
- Collins is a woman with a strong social conscience, who despairs about the current obsession with materialism.
- He went on to describe the party as a centrist one that had a strong social conscience with one of its aims being to build up communities and strengthen families.
- He also started writing songs, combining his sharp observations with a strong social conscience.
More definitions of social conscienceDefinition of social conscience in:
- The US English dictionary