- A system of compulsory contribution to enable the provision of state assistance in sickness, unemployment, etc..More example sentences
- It must be remembered that social security was designed as social insurance for exactly these workers.
- The idea of social insurance against risk is quite compatible with a dynamic, free-market economy.
- He added that related mechanisms, such as social insurance and unemployment benefits are also being strengthened to build a comprehensive job-safety net.
More definitions of social insuranceDefinition of social insurance in:
- The US English dictionary