Definition of social science in English:
1The scientific study of human society and social relationships.
- Ives said any efforts to tackle the problems must be linked to human sciences such as anthropology, social science, and human geography.
- However, in 1911 he gave up the idea of training for the priesthood and embarked on the study of philosophy, social science, and natural science.
- All of this work had the same aim as his first study - to better human life through social science.
1.1 [count noun] A subject within the field of social science, such as economics or politics.
- Major social sciences today are economics, political science, anthropology, and sociology.
- Other social sciences such as Economics, Sociology, and Anthropology were demarcated in similar fashion.
- Of all the social sciences, economics most closely resembles the natural sciences.
social scientist noun
- Example sentences
- Much of his work requires an interdisciplinary approach involving social scientists and researchers in various fields.
- The family has been dissected and defended from as many points of view as there are articulate social scientists or imaginative writers.
- Let the best comparative studies of our top social scientists expand our knowledge of what works best and why.
Definition of social science in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan