- 1(In the UK) monetary assistance from the state for people with an inadequate or no income: she was living on social security [as modifier]: social security benefitsMore example sentences
- He talked about simplifying tax and social security to benefit those who have the least.
- Maxine Carr was spared jail today after admitting she lied to get jobs and claim social security benefits.
- In addition to a claim for damages, an injured employee may also have a claim for various social security benefits.
- 1.1 (Social Security) (In the US) a federal insurance scheme providing benefits for pensioners and those who are unemployed or disabled.More example sentences
- Let me be very clear in reference to any proposal to cut Social Security payments or benefits.
- One way out of the fiscal trap is to slow the rate of growth of Social Security benefits.
- The future of the federally funded Social Security pension system is itself in doubt.
More definitions of social securityDefinition of social security in:
- The US English dictionary