- 1Government services provided for the benefit of the community, such as education, medical care, and housing: [as modifier]: a social services departmentMore example sentences
- The county council runs major services like education and social services.
- The government is demanding record spending on education and social services.
- Council departments, including social services and housing, are also kept up to speed.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Activity aiming to promote the welfare of others: private money is significant for some areas of voluntary social serviceMore example sentences
- As a state-owned company, Pelni must fulfill two purposes: social service and business service.
- That will generate a spirit of social service in their minds.
- Our reforming party had a proud record of social service and we boasted about it.
More definitions of social serviceDefinition of social service in:
- The US English dictionary