noun[treated as singular]
- Various aspects or branches of the study of human society, considered as an educational discipline: arts and social studies the teaching of social studies [as modifier]: unpublished language and social studies materialsMore example sentences
- He used unified studies of an area, including language, social studies and art, combining all the subjects into one.
- The programme may allow students to sample different languages, or else it may be part of a social studies or language arts unit.
- Advanced math and science courses were also provided as well as courses in language arts, social studies, and the arts.
More definitions of social studiesDefinition of social studies in:
- The US English dictionary