Definition of social work in English:
Work carried out by trained personnel with the aim of alleviating the conditions of those people in a community suffering from social deprivation.
- When not studying for her degree in social work, she visits schools and community centres to spread her message.
- She was housebound in her third floor flat and cared for by a devoted husband who accepted little help from social work or community nursing.
- Interestingly, Shiv says his ambition is to do social work and help people.
- 1social workernoun
- Example sentences
- There are too few children's social workers and they are overstretched.
- The government is taking steps to help social workers identify and prevent cases of child abuse.
- With the support of social workers, Lauren moved back home with her mum and for a while they could live together.
Definition of social work in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.