noun[mass noun] US
- The provision of medical and hospital care for all by means of public funds.More example sentences
- After 1989, socialized medicine ended and medical care moved toward privatization.
- What I found interesting here is that half the country gets socialized medicine already (adding up Medicare and Medicaid).
- This gives a hint of the strategic position the Academy of General Practice will fill years ahead while the issue of socialized medicine is debated in the forum of public opinion.
More definitions of socialized medicineDefinition of socialized medicine in:
- The US English dictionary