Definition of societal in English:
Relating to society or social relations: societal change
More example sentences
- The level of social mobility is often used as an indicator of societal openness.
- Each such crisis feeds off, and adds to, the erosion of public trust in societal institutions.
- Maybe the psychiatrists can give an explanation to this societal behaviour.
- societally adverb
- Example sentences
- Ashley has dealt with the notion of societally unacceptable speech in other works, and it's hard to believe he's not aware that it's the voice rather than the words that has the dominant effect here.
- Poverty is personally undesirable and societally, in too great a dose, destabilizing.
- The introduction of managed care may be societally necessary to keep down costs.
Definition of societal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.