Relating to or concerned with the interaction of social and economic factors: socio-economic change people in lower socio-economic groups
More example sentences
- There can be no denying the correlation between socio-economic factors and academic success.
- The more mobile a person is, the wider the circle of socio-economic interaction that would be available to him.
- The key factor in socio-economic developments in the early modern period was changes in population movements.
- Example sentences
- We have made the point several times that the people bearing the brunt of crime live mostly in socio-economically depressed areas.
- In theory, all public schools throughout the state, whether located in socio-economically disadvantaged regions, isolated rural districts or better-off metropolitan suburbs, were allocated teachers on a common basis.
- For both studies, participants were recruited from 3 primary care practices in geographically and socio-economically distinct regions of suburban Melbourne.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: socio-econom¦ic
Definition of socio-economic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.