Definition of sociocultural in English:
Combining social and cultural factors: the sociocultural differences between the sexes
More example sentences
- As women, we are influenced by the same sociocultural factors that affect all women in our culture.
- Research on health promoting lifestyles has focused on individual choice with little attention to sociocultural and environmental factors.
- The influence of sociocultural factors on language minority children's development is the second significant factor analyzed.
- Example sentences
- Those projects judged socioculturally compatible, with a demonstrated understanding and analysis of social conditions, were found to have a rate of return more than twice as high as those judged deficient in these areas.
- Canada's regions, from the Atlantic to the Pacific to the Arctic oceans, are socioculturally and geographically diverse, and its political structure is officially bilingual, English and French.
- According to this view, serious psychological problems are typically intrapsychic and interpersonal in nature rather than socioculturally generated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan