Definition of sociolegal in English:
1Relating to the relationship between law and society.
- This point was made clear to me when I began studying this area of law from a socio-legal perspective some years ago.
- Moreover, powerful industrialists continue to attain political and economic power because of institutionalized norms and policies (i.e., the socio-legal foundations of laissez-faire capitalism and neo-liberalism).
- Rather than just review the sodomy laws, Bernstein analyzes them from a socio-legal perspective.
2Combining social and legal factors.
- Her research interests are in legal and socio-legal aspects of free software, including licensing.
- The report outlines how the dimensions of unsafe motherhood can be measured and comprehended, and how causes can be identified by reference to medical, health system and socio-legal factors.
- I have also tried to take account of socio-legal research on how the law actually affects health care.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.