adverb[as submodifier] British • informal
- Used for emphasis: a socking great diamondMore example sentences
- Then walk five minutes to the socking great Roman arena, where they've replaced men vs. lions with men vs. bulls.
- For socking great nosefuls of scent, plant Albertine, a lovely, vigorous old climbing rose, with rich salmon-pink flowers every summer.
- The crew travels in a Biodiesel powered RV [recreational vehicle], a socking huge thing with a garage in the back half.
More definitions of sockingDefinition of socking in:
- The US English dictionary