noun (plural sodalities)
- A confraternity or association, especially a Roman Catholic religious guild or brotherhood.More example sentences
- We all had to assemble in the school on a Sunday morning with our white sashes, and join with all the other schools and sodalities for Benediction on the steps of St. Patrick's College.
- A large number of participants in the 1916 Rising had been taught by the Christian Brothers or some other order, and belonged to religious societies, particularly the highly influential Sacred Heart sodality.
- The main duty now is to organise the collection of contributions which are used for Masses for both deceased and the living members of the sodality, and also to support church funds.
early 17th century: from French sodalité or Latin sodalitas, from sodalis 'comrade'.
More definitions of sodalityDefinition of sodality in:
- The US English dictionary