- non-standard spelling of soldier, used to represent regional pronunciation.More example sentences
- Except in certain rural areas, ‘to go for a sodger’, ‘to take the King's shilling ’, had for ordinary people been an act of desperation in a time of unemployment or personal catastrophe.
- There's no another sodger like him in the Scotch Brigade.
- Instantly the crowd took it up… A distinct melodic outline became more and more prominent, shaping itself around the central theme of the words, Git right, sodger!
More definitions of sodgerDefinition of sodger in:
- The US English dictionary