Definition of sodium in English:
The chemical element of atomic number 11, a soft silver-white reactive metal of the alkali-metal group. (Symbol: Na)
- Glauconite is close in composition to muscovite but has some iron, magnesium, sodium, and calcium.
- The second most abundant ion was potassium, followed by sodium, magnesium, manganese and iron.
- For example, lithium, sodium, and potassium comprised a triad of soft, highly reactive metals.
sodic adjective ( Mineralogy )
- Example sentences
- A scintillometer could make a radiometric survey at the same time which would distinguish potassic from sodic granites.
- The Lake George center, for instance, had three emplacements, one potassic, another sodic, and yet another with a mixed composition.
- There are no secondary sodic phases present, and no observed albitization of potassium feldspar, suggesting only limited Na mobility.
Words that rhyme with sodiumodeum, odium, plasmodium, podium
Definition of sodium in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan