Definition of sodium in English:
The chemical element of atomic number 11, a soft silver-white reactive metal of the alkali-metal group. (Symbol: Na)
- Glauconite is close in composition to muscovite but has some iron, magnesium, sodium, and calcium.
- The second most abundant ion was potassium, followed by sodium, magnesium, manganese and iron.
- For example, lithium, sodium, and potassium comprised a triad of soft, highly reactive metals.
sodic adjective ( Mineralogy )
- Example sentences
- A scintillometer could make a radiometric survey at the same time which would distinguish potassic from sodic granites.
- The Lake George center, for instance, had three emplacements, one potassic, another sodic, and yet another with a mixed composition.
- There are no secondary sodic phases present, and no observed albitization of potassium feldspar, suggesting only limited Na mobility.
Definition of sodium in:
- US English dictionary