- A hyphen inserted into a word not otherwise hyphenated, to be displayed or typeset only if it falls at the end of a line of text.More example sentences
- For operations such as searching and sorting, the soft hyphen should always be ignored.
- Abstract Encoding of hard and soft hyphens, including guidelines for determining when a line-end hyphen is soft
- Use of the non-breaking space and soft hyphen indicator characters is discouraged because support for them is not widely deployed.
More definitions of soft hyphenDefinition of soft hyphen in:
- The US English dictionary