noun (plural same)
- A very large Japanese company that trades internationally in a wide range of goods and services.More example sentences
- All cheddar and shredded cheese were sold through these sogo shosha, although some other types of cheese were sold outside these structures.
- Japan's huge trading companies, the sogo shosha, are impressive, and therefore well known internationally.
- These sogo shosha are a unique type of business enterprise that is seen only in Japan.
Japanese, from sōgō 'comprehensive' + shōsha 'mercantile society'.
More definitions of sogo shoshaDefinition of sogo shosha in:
- The US English dictionary