- An evening party or gathering, typically in a private house, for conversation or music.More example sentences
- In the suburbs, the middle class developed their own set of cultural institutions, of golf and tennis clubs, musical soirées and garden parties.
- The Johannesburg Botanic Gardens also host several outdoor Sunday music soirées throughout the year.
- In elegant Georgian times, crinolined ladies were carried from their town houses to the season's grand balls and soirées in sedan chairs.
French, from soir 'evening'.
More definitions of soiréeDefinition of soirée in:
- The US English dictionary