(also solar cell)
- A device converting solar radiation into electricity.More example sentences
- Batteries, fuel cells and solar cells all produce something called direct current.
- The porous-silicon semiconductors generate electricity by absorbing the electrons, just as a solar cell generates electricity by absorbing energy from incoming photons of light.
- The technology that uses sunlight to generate electricity is called a solar cell or photovoltaic.
More definitions of solar batteryDefinition of solar battery in:
- The US English dictionary