- The time between successive meridian transits of the sun at a particular place.More example sentences
- It is a planet with an unusual rotation rate, such that the solar day on Mercury lasts two Earth years.
- Its eccentricity and inclination are greater than those of any other planet except Pluto, but its unique feature is that the year is actually shorter than the solar day!
- Either timer will enable you to determine, with great accuracy, how long it takes for the Sun to revolve around the Earth: the solar day.
More definitions of solar dayDefinition of solar day in:
- The US English dictionary