Definition of solar energy in English:
1Radiant energy emitted by the sun.
- Now, solar energy is actually nuclear energy; it is radiation.
- During combustion, the fuel alcohol releases the embodied solar energy of photosynthesis and emits water and carbon dioxide.
- We are harvesting what the plant produced using photosynthesis to convert solar energy into chemical energy stored in the form of oils, carbohydrates and protein.
1.1 another term for solar power.
- While the prototype will run on diesel, the group has come up with renewable energy alternatives involving wind and solar energy depending on the global position of the product.
- People are now using solar energy for heating, water supply, and running fax and STD systems.
- It can be powered by any heat source including solar energy thus bypassing fuel cells.
Definition of solar energy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia