- An installation or area of land in which a large number of solar panels are set up in order to generate electricity.More example sentences
- At Lingara, the sappers are building new houses, a health clinic, a larger water tower, and a solar farm to ensure 24-hour power.
- In the spot where the old Robert Mueller airport used to be, the city of Austin is building, among other things, a solar farm made of these contest-winning, 16-foot-high "sunflower" style solar collectors.
- The solar farm is the earliest tangible part of Abu Dhabi's Masdar City, a $22 billion project designed to be the world's first zero-carbon-footprint, zero-waste settlement.
More definitions of solar farmDefinition of solar farm in:
- The US English dictionary