- A brief eruption of intense high-energy radiation from the sun’s surface, associated with sunspots and causing radio and magnetic disturbances on the earth.More example sentences
- Many magnetic storms occurred in tandem with reports of solar flares or of large sunspot regions near the Sun's equator.
- Initial radiation from the solar flares - radio waves, visible light and X-rays - traveled at light-speed, well ahead of the clouds of charged particles.
- The severe weather on Earth is likely related to sunspots and solar flares on the sun.
More definitions of solar flareDefinition of solar flare in:
- The US English dictionary