- The continuous flow of charged particles from the sun which permeates the solar system.More example sentences
- Solar researchers have found that the electrified plasma of the solar wind flows out of the corona like water gushing through cracks in a dam.
- Saturn's magnetic field is blown out behind the planet by the solar wind - charged particles streaming off the Sun.
- Charged particles from the solar wind become trapped in the magnetosphere near the Earth's poles.
More definitions of solar windDefinition of solar wind in:
- The US English dictionary