(also soleus muscle)
- A broad muscle in the lower calf, below the gastrocnemius, which flexes the foot to point the toes downwards.More example sentences
- When working calves, include a seated version in your routine, which allows you to hit the deeper muscle layers of the soleus buried beneath the gastrocnemius.
- This dynamic move enhances ankle and calf flexibility and increases the strength of the deeper calf muscle, the soleus.
- For example, if your gastrocnemius muscles are bunched high up on your lower legs, do more seated calf raises, which target your soleus, a muscle that travels the length of your calves.
late 17th century: modern Latin, from Latin solea 'sole'.
More definitions of soleusDefinition of soleus in:
- The US English dictionary