- A three-dimensional analogue of an angle, such as that subtended by a cone or formed by planes meeting at a point. It is measured in steradians.More example sentences
- Gradually, we acquire independence in one cone after another until we have covered the entire solid angle of all the cones that compose it…
- The solid angle in question is only p / 4 steradian, one-sixteenth of the entire sky.
- Equation 1 already includes a cos term to compensate for the solid angle, so adding a solid-angle term produces a result that is two times larger than the result in equation 2.
More definitions of solid angleDefinition of solid angle in:
- The US English dictionary