- A quantum or quasiparticle propagated as a travelling non-dissipative wave which is neither preceded nor followed by another such disturbance.More example sentences
- Paolo Di Trapani of the University of Insubria in Como, Italy, and his colleagues, came up with a pulse shape that combines attributes of both solitons and linear X waves.
- And because atoms have weight - unlike photons - solitons respond in an easily measured fashion to gravity shifts.
- Though the depression solitons were eventually damped by viscosity, they maintained the shape and velocity required by the standard soliton equations as they traveled across the channel.
More definitions of solitonDefinition of soliton in:
- The US English dictionary