Definition of solubilize in English:
verb[with object] technical
Make (a substance) soluble or more soluble: proteins were solubilized by heating for 5 min in protein dissociation buffer
More example sentences
- The lipid films were solubilized in Tris / HCl solution.
- The amphiphatic character of the detergent molecules helps solubilize the membrane protein.
- The acidity solubilizes metals, most notably aluminum, making them bio-available.
- Example sentences
- Research on surfactants and membrane solubilization showed that anionic surfactants interact more with lipid bilayers.
- It is highly relevant to compare these results to NMR data on solubilization of small aromatic molecules in alkylglycoside micelles.
- The most-important chemical effects of the air pollution are acidification of soil and fresh water, which in turn causes a solubilization of toxic metals.
Definition of solubilize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India