(Of a solvent) enter into reversible chemical combination with (a dissolved molecule, ion, etc.): water can solvate both cations and anions (as adjective solvated) the ions become solvated in the water, that is, they become hydrated
More example sentences
- Solute molecules were solvated using a box of TIP3P water molecules with periodic boundary conditions.
- In the first system, the phospholipid molecules were solvated by 6560 SPC water molecules.
- At this distance the ion is completely solvated by reservoir water and interaction with the channel is very weak.
A more or less loosely bonded complex formed between a solvent and a dissolved species.
- It has also been discovered that paroxetine hydrochloride can form crystalline solvates with certain solvents such as certain lower alcohols and acetone, in particular isopropyl alcohol.
- If you avoid it completely, and you get the solvate, then is it not reasonable to go back to example 1 where it tells you that if you washed it in water, you got the anhydrate?
- A solvate is a single crystalline phase of a given compound of specific chemical structure in which a solvent molecule or molecules have been incorporated into the crystal lattice.
- Example sentences
- On the other hand, differences of up to 10% have been found in the free energies of solvation of both individual ions and whole salts.
- Therefore, it is not possible to provide any quantitative measure of the energy of solvation due to dipolar solvation and hydrogen bonding interaction.
- Two different continuum electrostatic models are formulated to describe the ion solvation inside the nanotube.
Definition of solvate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.