Definition of solvate in English:
Pronunciation: /sɒlˈveɪt /[with object]
(Of a solvent) enter into reversible chemical combination with (a dissolved molecule, ion, etc.): water can solvate both cations and anions (as adjective solvated) the ions become solvated in the water, that is, they become hydrated
More example sentences
- Solute molecules were solvated using a box of TIP3P water molecules with periodic boundary conditions.
- In the first system, the phospholipid molecules were solvated by 6560 SPC water molecules.
- At this distance the ion is completely solvated by reservoir water and interaction with the channel is very weak.
Pronunciation: /ˈsɒlveɪt /Back to top
A more or less loosely bonded complex formed between a solvent and a dissolved species.
- It has also been discovered that paroxetine hydrochloride can form crystalline solvates with certain solvents such as certain lower alcohols and acetone, in particular isopropyl alcohol.
- If you avoid it completely, and you get the solvate, then is it not reasonable to go back to example 1 where it tells you that if you washed it in water, you got the anhydrate?
- A solvate is a single crystalline phase of a given compound of specific chemical structure in which a solvent molecule or molecules have been incorporated into the crystal lattice.
- Example sentences
- On the other hand, differences of up to 10% have been found in the free energies of solvation of both individual ions and whole salts.
- Therefore, it is not possible to provide any quantitative measure of the energy of solvation due to dipolar solvation and hydrogen bonding interaction.
- Two different continuum electrostatic models are formulated to describe the ion solvation inside the nanotube.
Definition of solvate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan