- Any cell of a living organism other than the reproductive cells.More example sentences
- In sexual reproduction a diploid somatic cell, the megaspore mother cell, undergoes meiosis to produce four reduced megaspores.
- At the present time, gene-transfer studies are limited to somatic cells; germ cell lines and progeny are not affected.
- In sexually reproducing organisms, a fundamental distinction is between germ cells and somatic cells.
More definitions of somatic cellDefinition of somatic cell in:
- The US English dictionary