noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A hormone which acts as an intermediate in the stimulation of tissue growth by growth hormone.More example sentences
- IGF-I (originally called somatomedin C) is a growth factor structurally related to insulin.
- This is accomplished through development of several small proteins called somatomedin which are formed in the liver.
- Because the liver also is a primary source of somatomedins, an estrogenic stimulus might ultimately increase somatomedin concentrations.
More definitions of somatomedinDefinition of somatomedin in:
- The US English dictionary