- 1An unknown or unspecified person; some person: there’s someone at the door someone from the audience shouted outMore example sentences
- I think the first time I heard of it was when someone knocked on the door of my room at tea time.
- Some watches and cigars were also missing after someone forced a back door to get in.
- We were all cold and my hands were feeling as if someone had slammed a door on them.
- 2A person of importance or authority: a small-time lawyer keen to be someoneMore example sentences
- This man is a nobody and you shouldn't try to pretend he's a someone.
More definitions of someoneDefinition of someone in:
- The US English dictionary