- An entertainment held by night at a historic monument or building, telling its history by the use of lighting effects and recorded sound: [in singular]: the son et lumière at the temple of Karnak [mass noun]: a performance of son et lumière [as modifier]: many castles have son et lumière showsMore example sentences
- The trip will finish at the more recent site of Castle Toward, which will then become the venue for the son et lumière and fireworks finale at sunset.
- The Tour is spectacle over substance, a sporting son et lumière.
- The 50th Ilkley Flower Show will also take place during the festival weeks, and organisers hope to include more events in the programme, including a possible son et lumière at Darwin Gardens and Ilkley Tarn.
French, literally 'sound and light'.
More definitions of son et lumièreDefinition of son et lumière in:
- The US English dictionary