Definition of songwriter in English:
A person who writes popular songs or the music for them.
- One of the greatest mysteries in the music business is how songwriters get their songs recorded.
- When I joined it was three songwriters writing music for a laugh.
- Celebrated songwriter Irving Berlin initially wrote the song without thinking too deeply about it.
- Example sentences
- His songwriting is rich in melody, set to complex yet infectious rhythms tinged with the influence of his African roots.
- However, if the songwriting serves the musician, it singularly fails to understand the man.
- In terms of songwriting and musicianship the record is an improvement on the last.
Words that rhyme with songwriterghostwriter
Definition of songwriter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.