- A loud explosive noise caused by the shock wave from an aircraft or other object travelling faster than the speed of sound.More example sentences
- Those gray bushytails would hunker down at the sound of the sonic boom and not be seen for interminable periods of time.
- Four thunderous sonic booms shook the island about three minutes later.
- There's also a supersonic jet with a hushed sonic boom for flying over populated areas.
More definitions of sonic boomDefinition of sonic boom in:
- The US English dictionary