Definition of sonicate in English:
Subject (a biological sample) to ultrasonic vibration so as to fragment the cells, macromolecules, and membranes: cells were sonicated in an ice bath
More example sentences
- The sample was sonicated to clarity in a sonication bath (Ultrawave).
- The samples were sonicated for 30 min, followed by centrifugation and overnight incubation at 65°C as described above.
- The samples were sonicated for 12 sec and cell number was analyzed using a Coulter counter.
nounBack to top
A biological sample which has been sonicated.
- Finally, the sonicate in the third cuvette was additionally treated with DNase for another 1 h at 25 deg C, then Cyan 40 was added and the emission spectrum was recorded.
- The sonicate was cleared by centrifugation at 12,000 g for 30 minutes at 4°C.
- The sonicate was cleared by microcentrifugation for 5 min at 4° and mixed with the anti-HA.11 antibody coupled to Sepharose beads (prewashed three times with lysis buffer).
- Example sentences
- Lipid hydration was coupled with six cycles of freezing, thawing, and sonication, except sonication was omitted in the last cycle.
- Chromatin was sheared by sonication, and DNA associated with either CLF1 or ORC1 was separately co-immunoprecipitated using an anti-HA antibody.
- Cells were disrupted by sonication, and soluble recombinant proteins were purified on the TALON metal-affinity resin (Clontech).
Definition of sonicate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.