- 1The quality or fact of being sonorous.More example sentences
- Enescu's compatriot, Mihaela Martin, handles well the composer's demands for texture and sonority.
- Portugheis projected a rich sonority despite the fact that the keyboard was evidently bathed in sweat.
- Yet thanks to the engaging performance the exciting momentum and colourful sonority contributed to the impression that this version can indeed stand as a successful independent chamber work.
- 1.1 Phonetics The relative loudness of a speech sound: ‘bee’ has greater sonority than ‘pin’More example sentences
- There may certainly be independent grounds for categorizing segments as vowels or consonants, in terms of their inherent sonority and phonological dependence, for example.
More definitions of sonorityDefinition of sonority in:
- The US English dictionary