- Planned or destined to have a specified position or quality in the near future: her soon-to-be husband a soon-to-be wealthy manMore example sentences
- My own soon-to-be father-in-law, upon finding out his daughter fancied a musician, asked 'So what do you do for your daily bread?'
- Each year, thousands of soon-to-be music graduates begin thinking about job prospects after graduation.
- During the New York primary election campaign, the soon-to-be president Bill Clinton played "Don't Be Cruel" on the Arsenio Hall TV show.
More definitions of soon-to-beDefinition of soon-to-be in:
- The US English dictionary