- Saturated with liquid; wet through: get those sopping clothes off [as submodifier]: the handkerchief was sopping wetMore example sentences
- My clothes were sopping wet and dripping all over the driver's seat but I didn't care.
- His keen golden eyes showed that he was not drunk, but his sopping wet clothes and hair confirmed her suspicions that he had been.
- The bone-chilling cold cut through his sopping wet clothes, numbing the wounds in his shoulder and side.
mid 19th century: present participle of sop.
More definitions of soppingDefinition of sopping in:
- The US English dictionary