(also sora crake or rail)
- A common small brown and grey American crake (bird), frequenting marshes.
More example sentences
- Porzana carolina, family Rallidae
- I practiced some birding by ear, hearing but not seeing a sora rail and eastern wood pewee, plus the bird that says ‘cow cat!’
- It reminded me of a story Bud Tordoff told me about a male peregrine falcon who was good at skimming right on top of the water and would bring back sora and pied-billed grebes.
early 18th century: probably from an American Indian language.
More definitions of soraDefinition of sora in:
- The US English dictionary